On Wednesday, January 10th Judith Lee of Communication Works Now presented her seminar “How to Market Big on a Tiny Budget”. This exceptional presentation focused on how businesses can grow their reach without spending big bucks. And it was heavily attended!
Judith is a volunteer for Chester and Delaware County SCORE, a local organization comprised of over 100 volunteers who mentor and educate business owners on various topics.
Judith shared her wisdom on getting a business off the ground with little capital and on when to cough up money for a better return.
A few of the presentation take-aways:
- 60% of consumers prefer to do their business with a branch they know. Brand recognition is imperative in today’s world.
- Build your brand and logo but keep it simple.
- You are your brand. Keep a positive image.
- Every business needs a website! They can be run relatively inexpensively. Weigh the pros & cons of website add-ons from the eyes of your consumer.
- Web design is imperative but need not cost a ton. Exchange services with a web designer, look for an intern who may charge less, or look for a designer just starting out.
- Social Media — You don’t have to like it; you just have to do it. Be consistent but not overwhelming in your online presence.
- Personal networking is a great way to build brand recognition.
- Volunteer and ‘Cause Marketing’ are effective ways of reaching your target market. Inform people of your doings but don’t brag!
- Use Email Marketing to share news, announce specials, stay in touch, but don’t abuse it. Always optimize for mobile.
PBPA will host more SCORE presentations throughout the year. Check out our Upcoming Events to learn when.